Discuss Loft Conversion Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

martyB

Hi

Advice wanted from a newcomer to this forum...

Recently moved into a house with a loft conversion. The central heating system is old but functional: Potterton Profile 60e, 8 mostly new radiators, hot water cylinder in the bathroom cupboard on the first floor, and cold water tank in the loft.

There are no radiators in the loft conversion, and I'm getting quotes to have these installed.
The height of these new radiators will be about the same as the cold water tank in the loft.

My questions are:

- Can this boiler cope with the two extra radiators?
- Will I need to have the plumber convert it to a pressurised system and have a pressure (expansion) vessel installed?
- Where should the plumber tee off from for the two new radiators?
- Anything to watch out for or advice?

Thank you,

Marty

Hi

Advice wanted from a newcomer to this forum...

Recently moved into a house with a loft conversion. The central heating system is old but functional: Potterton Profile 60e, 8 mostly new radiators, hot water cylinder in the bathroom cupboard on the first floor, and cold water tank in the loft.

There are no radiators in the loft conversion, and I'm getting quotes to have these installed.
The height of these new radiators will be about the same as the cold water tank in the loft.

My questions are:

- Can this boiler cope with the two extra radiators?
- Will I need to have the plumber convert it to a pressurised system and have a pressure (expansion) vessel installed?
- Where should the plumber tee off from for the two new radiators?
- Anything to watch out for or advice?

Thank you,

Marty

Should be fine but plumber will confirm.
Yes needs pressurising.
Completely depends on system layout pipe lengths and rad sizes.

Depends if your existing boiler is suitable for pressurising and the added risk of pressurising an old system.

The boiler is ok for pressurising, but how old is the system and what condition are the rads etc
Can the f&e tank be raised to allow for attic rads to be fitted
Plumber will/should know where to connect in to existing system
You need someone to take a look ideally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loft Conversion Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all , on a pressurised heating system is it ok to take a flow and return up into the loft and down again to install new radiator also would it...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, So we have a two year old boiler and have cleaned / flushed the system twice recently but not all radiators will heat at the same time...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock