Discuss loctite 577 help on its use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hants tiler

hello chaps , i am a newbie on here so hello to all.
i have a question regarding loctite 577 thread sealant . i have a shower repair to do .The shower unions go in to some extentions then into a backplate elbow.The extentions and the unions have been put together with ptf tape and are weeping.As a more permanent solution i have been advised to use loctite 577.What i need to know is does the sealant cure quickly as i cant leave the water off as there are no isolating valves on the shower pipe work.also when using the sealant do you get time to adjust the fittings to their correct positions. would be most gateful of any answers
thanks .

Loctite 755 is a ptfe string, and doesn't need to dry or cure.

Each to their own and - IMPORTANT - I'm NOT saying you're wrong to use it - but in this scenario I'd prefer to use another few turns ptfe tape after removing old stuff and getting back to the olive.

Hopefully this answers your question.

And, WELCOME!!!

577 is a paste. It will seal instant at low pressures. But I would recommend leaving it for a good day. But I don't think will be the best cure for this situation

Dontknowitall. I tHink your thinking of 55

Last edited:
dont use any paste around shower joints.
are there fiber washers in there?

i agree with dkia use at lease 10 - 15 wraps of ptfe and it'll be fine. oh and welcome to the forums hants tiler whereabouts are you in hants?

I tend to favour seven or eight turns of PTFE and a smear of silicon sealant or loctite lsx.

577 is a paste. It will seal instant at low pressures. But I would recommend leaving it for a good day. But I don't think will be the best cure for this situation

Dontknowitall. I tHink your thinking of 55

Ooops!! I did wonder just before my answer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to loctite 577 help on its use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've purchased a GROHE | Euphoria 260 Exposed Shower ( looks nice ) however Im missing some initial connecting adapters the installation...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I live in a modern block of flats in London and I’m on one of the lower floors. My shower has been gurgling on and off and when this...
Replies
Views
Hello - am hoping someone out there can offer some advice... I've been living in a split level 1st & 2nd floor masionette for two months, which...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock