Discuss Locating sewer pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have just been to a job and the customer wants a washing machine moving to his garage.

There is no mains or waste in there at the moment so need to locate the sewer so I can join into it.

I know where the soil is and the cesspit but there is nothing in between. I am hoping it runs round the outside of the house so I can just connect into it but if I follow a straight line it goes straight under an extension.

Is there a way of finding where to sewer will run with out having to dig loads of little test holes?

I was wondering if the things the water board used for finding mains would do what I need or not? If so can you hire them and what are they called?

If you have a manhole or rodding access somewhere on the line, call a drainage co in
Most of the larger firms have a transmitter (sonde?) on the drain camera which can be detected from above ground
So you should be able to trace the full length of the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Locating sewer pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock