Search the forum,

Discuss Living room radiator/query advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning,

I moved into a flat in August and last month decided to get a new boiler and radiators for each room except the kitchen. The heating is good enough but the living room radiator which is bigger than the all of the other ones, is not as hot. The bottom of it is hot the middle is okay but going from the middle to the top is cooler.
The engineer suggested it is to do with the piping/connection under the floor and not the radiator, my query is it pointless getting it checked or just live with the fact that nothing can really be done. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

The bottom of it is hot the middle is okay but going from the middle to the top is cooler.
I wouldn't read those symptoms as a piping problem. That's a text-book description of a radiator that has accumulated air (or hydrogen) and needs bleeding.

If you are not sure how to bleed a radiator ask and we'll explain.

Turn the rads that do get hot off and let the heating push through the lounge radiator on its own its more than likely to be trapped air in the rad and should clear itself through the boiler aav check your system pressure vent the rad if necessary . Cheers Kop

Reply to Living room radiator/query advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an old house in the Yorkshire dales, it is known as a typical dales house, as its one room wide and long over 40m. The house has been extended over the years and the boiler moved and heating loops added. This is giving me problems as the boiler is now at one end of the house (first...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators all together in one large room. The issue is with the 4 radiators in the large room. Basically not getting hot, the first 10% of the radiator is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator. I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock