Discuss Lift trick in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulplumb

Just reading on the net that if you enter a lift and wish to go directly to your chosen floor with no stops press and hold the close door button then select your floor then release the close door button. Can anyone confirm if this works?

Yes we had it posted on here about a year ago and I've only tried once though as I always forget , it's apparently so the fire brigade can go straight to there floor , even though they advise you not go use lifts in fires

it dont work on all lifts because people are aware of it now so some have changed, try close door and 1st floor.
but either way....

it will let you down eventually.lol

dont tell croppie hes petrified of lifts,he,s only 3 foot 6 ya know:wink_smile:

Poor old Croppie, scared of lifts, allergic to buying a round.
Not much going for him eh!

Just thought it might come in handy if you have a lift full of tools.

It's good to know about these things.

Next time I'm waiting for a lift and it keeps passing my floor I'll know that either the building's on fire, or some smart-arse is holding the button down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lift trick in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question on flush pressure. When I press the bigger button, there's hardly a flush. I understand that's normal but it's a very...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me in resolving this issue. The meter I have stops at 19mbar with 'out of range' message and I cannot use it...
Replies
Views
New house and smells comes from shower... It's a merlyn shower waste it's not like your usual design. I've lifted up the chrome but or I'm I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock