Search the forum,

Discuss Lever valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Good little story from today.

Was thinking about how much better lever valves are then gate valves. I think around 1 in 10 gates actually work nowadays. It lead me to think how long have lever valves been about and will they last a lot longer then gate valves.

Never came across a lever valve that didn't shut off until this happened earlier on a 35mm boosted cold water supply at 3pm.

I went to reinstate the water and snap off came the lever in the off position. Couldn't of happened on a worst supply. The feed to the hotel spa. Which had to shut down for an hour or so. Bad day

I do have a picture for this but can't seem to work out how to upload of my phone. Is it possible?

1C0115EB-BAED-40E0-AFDC-BC60378A522C_zpsym2zozkh.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is a worry! Never seen that happening!
Worst thing is it is a Peglers valve which you would assume would be better than most!
Maybe should notify Peglers with a letter & a few pictures.

I was surprised to see it was a pegler as well. You'd expect them to be up there with best about. If I were to contact them about this, what would I really be expecting back?

I suspect Pegler is not always made in UK. Some of Pegler taps are very inexpensive & not great & I assume they're made elsewhere. Their kitchen sink monobloc mixers can be bought for £40 - they look decent enough, but surely can't be made in UK & sold over the counter at that low cost?

at least it just snapped, I had one blow the seal in a hotel boiler room, supplying the pool and half the hw in mid summer at 4pm one afternoon. Only good thing was I could just leave the door open and let the water flow out as I drove to the merchant to clear their shelves of 28mm lever valves, as it involved closing another 6 to isolate the leaky one!! having one go doesnt give one any confidence, I got home about 7 30 that night, wet, having swapped 2 more valves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lever valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock