Discuss leaking straight ceramic WC connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James79

I had a new WC with straight ceramic pan connector fitted. Joint between WC and connector leaked from start. Not sure what was used to seal it.

What should I do to fix this?
I presume to do it properly I should drain the water and remove everything that is there and start again?
What sealant should I use. The manual says plumbers putty but I was advised this would just disintegrate over time?
Any advice on the best sealant?

Remove WC and look at how round the outlet is, lots of rubbish pans out there with bad castings, wasn`t from VP was it?

Remove WC and look at how round the outlet is, lots of rubbish pans out there with bad castings, wasn`t from VP was it?

Funnily enough I was at a plumbcenter the other day when they're delivery van came in with close 70 pans which had badly shaped outlets. The multi Kwik connectors couldn't take up the misshape

As a last resort the rubber pan connector from a Saniflo straight on to the pipe and 2x 110mm jubilee clips will sort it out.
Before anyone starts I did say as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking straight ceramic WC connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back