Discuss Leaking Monobloc Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer1963

Good Evening, I've recently fitted a new monobloc mixer tap to the wash basin in the bathroom however when i turn the tap on water slowly leaks from the top of the tap. I've tried reducing the water flow to the tap but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Any idea if this can be rectified, thanks

I was hoping for a quick fix, the basin needs to come off the wall to change the tap and it's very awkward due to its position. I was wondering if I took the red/blue cap off and unscrewed the holding screw whether i could do something then

Where is it leaking from ?
do u have a picture ?
if u take it apart and make it worse, if it's new then contact supplier and tell them that u should be compensated for replacing.

If on the other hand these are cheap taps from the bay....then find leak and seal lol.

Al

undo the screw and remove the spout, check the o rings are in good condition and grease up (sillycone grease) and refit.... see if that helps.

I would go with awheating's view on this matter, he beat me to it lol

If you take the packing gland out, slowly turn the water on , this normally is a good tip to remove debris and has worked for me then silicon rubber parts and put everything back together :)

Thanks for all the replies, I will remove the screw and spout tomorrow and have a closer look at the o rings and take it from there, will let you know

Most important will be the packing gland washer or the cartridge depending on what tap you got, good luck :) if you can post some pictures which helps ALOT more when you have a problem :)

I've taken a few photos of the tap assembly, the water is leaking up from the square in the centre, i've tried tightening the brass nut but it has not made any difference DSCF2163.jpgDSCF2162.jpgDSCF2161.jpg

Thanks for that Steve, can you advise what the cartridge is and if its a part i can buy in a local diy store like B&Q

Thanks Phil, Can the cartridge be replaced with the tap in situ without disconnecting any of the flexi hoses from below as access is very, very limited and the basin needs to come off the wall if any attachments need to be disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Monobloc Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back