Discuss Landlord gas cert pricing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
£45 for a landlords cert , £75 for a boiler service + materials . cheers kop

£60+vat for boiler and hob/cooker. Any extra appliances are 30+vat on top.
A letting agent I do maintenance work for, have a guy that does their certs for £28 each. I enquired and offered £50+vat a cert because of the volume of work but laughed when they told me how much they currently pay. He clearly doesn't do them properly as I have At Risked a few only a couple weeks after they have passed.

Followed too many of the £25 gang and the Tenant asks why you're taking the cover off the boiler, going in the loft, taking the fire out etc because nobodies ever done that and why are you going to be here more than ten minutes !!!

In the ten years I rented out my house, no RGI did a leak test more than once. Shocked to discover that they are supposed to be done twice (though doing them twice makes sense, presumably you're checking none of the gas taps have intermittent let-by?). And I always went by recommendation not price, and never paid less than £60 (non condensing heat-only boiler, and gas cooker).

There was a post in the GE mag a few months ago stating that even though it is best practice to there is no law that states a tightness test has to be carried out on a LGSC. It is engineer preference and whilst most Engineer do it as standard some engineers charge extra for this and unless asked it is not completed. I have to do it or I cannot sleep at night.:p:D But that’s just me!!

Ridiculous that they aren't part of the check. Even I can do a tightness test (not that I'm qualified, but I've done them under supervision). Not exactly complicated, or a long process. I suppose that's what you get for £25: a visual inspection - rather makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Per number of appliances to be checked.
(though doing them twice makes sense, presumably you're checking none of the gas taps have intermittent let-by?).
And yes, always TT twice! First as a benchmark & to see if it's safe to proceed, second to check after appliances have been disconnected & reconnected, as Last Plumber said - fires out etc etc

main problem is most of the prices have been axed & cut to the bone by Tight arsed Landlords & letting agents, would say the average in the Plymouth area is £45. or less, mainly due to it being a student area and the number of available gas engineers. (The city is over run with them.) We get the same crap every year being offered £12.to £14. For CP12 work per property regardless of how meny items your checking even if it is the tenants own appliance they still want it doing. Local council will even send one of their office bods around to watch what your doing & how long it takes.

Well this goes back to a previous thread about call-out charges. I don't have a call-out charge, I do have a minimum charge and it ain't £14 pal! As for that bloke from the council, unless you're working on council property it's nothing to do with them. Our city council have their own gas guys who look after their properties.

You need a minimum charge, unless you're going to start charging rip-off prices on parts, overselling things that aren't needed etc etc. Unless you can get sponsorship as a charity, that is.

So your minimum charge is less than £14? I'll bear you in mind ;)

Here in Colchester, I'm pretty sure council sub-contracts gas checks to private companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord gas cert pricing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I’ve got a couple of gas safety checks coming up and I’m a bit confused as to whether I need to tick yes or no to the appliance serviced part...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back