Search the forum,

Discuss Landlord cert gas safety check in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I’ve got a couple of gas safety checks coming up and I’m a bit confused as to whether I need to tick yes or no to the appliance serviced part? Does a landlord cert count as a service or does this mean has the appliance been serviced within the past year? Many thanks

Attachments

• 9B875504-D2C4-4368-A3AB-EB2213B8F409.png
    9B875504-D2C4-4368-A3AB-EB2213B8F409.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Okay thanks for the reply! This might be another stupid question but with landlords do you even have to take the case off the boiler as all you need on the form is gas rate, safety device and FGA? As someone told me I don’t need to

Okay thanks for the reply! This might be another stupid question but with landlords do you even have to take the case off the boiler as all you need on the form is gas rate, safety device and FGA? As someone told me I don’t need to
I suppose it could depend, our engineers (social housing) must remove the cover to carry out a visual inspection of the inside of the boiler, to check for leaks et al. Let me ask you a question - on boilers that have a sight glass, how would you visually inspect the flame picture? (Not all defects show on FGA results).

I would.
Your job is to certify that the appliance and the installation are safe. You are putting your name to it.
As far as the appliance is concerned you can't tell if all's well unless you inspect it. I have encountered many 'regularly serviced boilers', that have internal gas leaks, especially on the side which is only live whilst in operation.
Be thorough is my advice.

Not required on landlord gas safety check
Yes but the GS register says:

The gas pipework in your rented property must also be kept in a safe condition. Installation pipework is not covered by the annual gas safety check, but both we and the HSE recommend that when you request a safety check, you ask your Gas Safe registered engineer to:

• Test for tightness on the whole gas system, including installation pipework
  • Visually examine the pipework (so far as is reasonably practicable)

So not mandatory but probably a really good idea and more than likely to cover your bum, if anything goes wrong in the future?

Yes but the GS register says:

The gas pipework in your rented property must also be kept in a safe condition. Installation pipework is not covered by the annual gas safety check, but both we and the HSE recommend that when you request a safety check, you ask your Gas Safe registered engineer to:

• Test for tightness on the whole gas system, including installation pipework
  • Visually examine the pipework (so far as is reasonably practicable)

So not mandatory but probably a really good idea and more than likely to cover your bum, if anything goes wrong in the future?
Yep I agree, and have had this argument on another forum, but they just state it’s not required. We do one as part of ours as we’re (company I work for) the landlord.

Yep I agree, and have had this argument on another forum, but they just state it’s not required. We do one as part of ours as we’re (company I work for) the landlord.
No arguments here, we are not sparkies.

I always do one on a cp12. It gives me peace of mind.

And I do it through my analyser and can add it to the form electronically (anton)

Takes an extra 5 mins

As far as i'm aware, been taught, and told by a Gas Safe Inspector a Gas test is a requirement of a Landlord Safety Check, when did that change?!

I always print them off too.

It’s always been recommended not a must

Reply to Landlord cert gas safety check in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock