Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Engineers - charge out rates - West Midlands in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices charged. So I was wondering what roughly everyone charges as a day rate around Birmingham/West Midlands

Experience over 15 years, gas and plumbing qualified, gas safe registered etc etc etc

Also, for smaller jobs such as a standard landlord gas service what would people typically charge? (Appliance dependant of course) is £60 too much?

With the current climate we want to ensure fair competitive pricing but also not selling anyone short/or over pricing

All input is greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by landlord gas service?
Service and safety check or just safety check?
For private landlords or through letting agents?

My husband charges £100 for a boiler service and Landlord gas safety check/certificate. He covers Staffordshire and South/west Cheshire.
According to Landlords, that is cheap, usually £120+
If he was doing them separately, it’s £75 for a service and £60 LL check.

I'll do a landlord certificate without service for 75 pounds. If they want it serviced it's price on application as all appliances vary depending on whether I'm required to change seals. I keep a selection of seals but I've noticed my merchant has started selling them in packs of 5 or ten.....which makes life particularly difficult.

Reply to Gas Engineers - charge out rates - West Midlands in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock