Discuss landlord certificate and U40 meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maltman

Just a little information I had to phone GSR to find out the facts .
I had a few Vaillant eco/turbo max boilers to CP12 now called GSD12 but had a U40 meter big bugger but as long as the safety checks were taken upstream of the isolation cock on the boiler it was ok so 3 GSD12's were issued .
Lovely grub
Maltman:)

hi maltman
did you not have to do a tightness test on the system for the cp12? the reason i am asking id that i went to look a a boiler swap the other week and that had a large meter & i said i couldnt do it cos i couldnt test that size meter.

if you are doing a LGSC (CP12) as we call it, you need to confirm the landlords gas carcass is sound, not sure how you would do it without tightness test, on a boiler renewal however it is not mandatory to test the full installation, as long as there is a suitable test point on the leg we are isolating and working on

I phoned Gas safe register twice the second time to confirm that I did not have to test the carcass .
The nice man at GSR(suck suck) said you isolate the boiler at the ECV or isolation valve and use the test nipple on the gas valve on the boiler that is live.Do your let by temp stabalisation and 2 minute test as normal as your just testing the boiler .
So get out there earn some wonga:)

bit weird that so carcass could be faulty and yet we can issue a cp12????

Phone them yourself I promise you you will get the same reply .
Don't knock it get in profit:)
I presume that the carcass was passed by someone with the relevant qualifications .
We are just checking the boiler on that carcass .
I'm £120 better off and also picked up on some faults which have been sorted at a fair charge .(rounded fill loop taps Vaillant)
Lovely jublee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlord certificate and U40 meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock