Discuss know any female plumbers wanting some work experience? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MP plumb

hi,

Could possibly do with a female plumber, either with knowledge of plumbing and heating or going through college that wants some work experience/ future job in the essex, london area.

Obviously its mainly guys on here, so if your daughters fancy it, let me know!!

hi dancinplumba.
sorry watertight, not meaning to be sexist, but would just like a female. Nothing againt work or person. Nothing againt u blokes :)
just think it would be cool to have a female work for a female.
x

there was a girl here looking for a work as plumber from south west london about a week ago

safegasinstall... please elaborate as to why customers prefer them in pairs?!!! haha

ive emailed the girl, thanks.

My lass left school at 16 (much to my protests but it was a stupid boyfriend thing where i couldn't talk sense into her) and floated about for a bit in dead end jobs. I offered to give her a job with me and train her as a gas technician (plumbing is not really a job i would want a woman to do especially my daughter, and there is nothing sexist about that, just experience) doing service and repair. I would even set up a part of the business doing just that for her benefit but she wouldn't take it up.
6 years down the line and the boyfriend is binned and she has recently been laid off from her "dream" job and i was having the same conversation with her last week. She still isn't biting but that is her choice.
Btw Claire i admire you for getting into this trade but hope you have your eyes open to how it will affect you and your body in later life.

On a side note regarding pairs
Lesbo Plumbers Stole My Kitchen | Sunday Sport
:lol:

safegasinstall....you aint seen me tho! i may have long blonde hair wif blue eyes but i cant be that bad if ive got jobs every day, all day long, hey?!!
dancinplumba is right, u prob aint a pretty pic urself but whos shallow enough to care what some one looks like if they can do the job?
tamz, i done 3 years at college doing my nvq3 and asc, then went on to do a BTEC in construction for 2 years, i worked on site the whole time in upper end domestic buildings all in london, i am gas safe, and i am currently finishing my HNC in construction after another 2 years. ive now gone self employed and i loveeeee itttt!!!

its hard work, but no harder than any other person in the plumbing business so tell ur daughter to go for it :) it was never my dream job to become a plumber! but sitting at an office all day done my head in.
dont force ur daughter but remind her she may well surpise herself once she gets into it, like i did.

site work can be hard with some of the other workers, but if she can take the mikki out of herself, she will be fine! x
btw, I'm 24, so tell her to get cracking!

If you can stick it on site and give banter back, your one of the lads? so to speak? well you know what I mean. lol

dont worry ecowarm, ive already been told off for language!naughty naughty!

being on site makes you realise how petty girls can be normally and i had to 'man up' a bit when i first went on site at 16! cant keep going home crying every day!! haha .... booo hhooooooo :)

blokes banter is different to girls banter, but i prefer it now! at least u guys say what you think and i can say it back without some one getting upset! x

Well done you Claire.
I admire you for having the bottle to go for it in what is essentially a mans world. You are young and fit so doing this job is probably easy enopugh for you now but think 10 and 20 or even 30 years down the line. Is this something you want to be doing then, climbing in attics , crawling under floorboards, digging out blocked drains? You seem a switched on lass so evolve your work as you age. You can still chase the money but be selective :wink:
Your HNC will probably be no use to you, especially as it is in construction (i did that one too many moons ago) but it depends what direction you move in.
As for my lass, she has just received conformation today that she has secured a collage placement starting August for social work. What that really means is her dad has to keep her for another 3 years! It would have been so much easier to give her a job with just as good prospects and she could have taken over when i rap it in but she will do her own thing and i will back her up regardless,

Last edited by a moderator:
mans world, not for long, carnt see a problem, more and more women doing plumbing. think derogatory remarks should be deleted, those made by anyone even ta's and the advice we give should be the same for both sexes
imho

Last edited:
ahh, tamz, can i assume you dont have a son maybe? i bet ud love her to follow you, which is why my dad(carpenter by trade...now a pen pusher! doing all the office side of business) persuaded me to try plumbing for 2 weeks, which ended in 8 years plumbing so far!

i will agree with you with the HNC.... i originally started it because it was the next step. i didnt want to stop college just because i had completed my plumbing... i wanted more.. so i done the above. before i decided to go self employed, i was trying to get a job as a trainee.....something!... quantity surveyor, mechanical engineer,architect... but the main thing was building control, but i had no luck, so carried on as a plumber, i just went self employed and built up my own work. :)

dont worry ecowarm, ive already been told off for language!naughty naughty!

being on site makes you realise how petty girls can be normally and i had to 'man up' a bit when i first went on site at 16! cant keep going home crying every day!! haha .... booo hhooooooo :)

blokes banter is different to girls banter, but i prefer it now! at least u guys say what you think and i can say it back without some one getting upset! x

The wee woman i am now married to is/was a scaffolder (all 4ft 11" of her) well she is a scaffold inspector. I first met her 20 odd years ago when she was working in a site office. She was the cow who wouldn't sign or get signed the dayworks orders. Never saw her for years then she turned up on a job i was at to sign off the scaffold. I was divorced by then so her pants naturally slid down her legs :lol:
She has always worked in a mans world and can give as good as she gets and i have never thought for a minute she couldn't deal with it but sometimes i know she does feel uncomfortable on occasion but she won't say what or who because i would go into mong mode with whoever it was if she told me.
As i said Claire, i admire you for what you have chosen to do and i hope you make a successful life from it.

thanks,

and im loving the comment about the pants sliding down!!! hahahhaha

I agree to a certain extent dancin, I have absolutlly no problem with women coming into the trade and as claire is a prime example, a credit to the trade. What I do have a problem with are the training schools and the 6 week wonders, fast tracked paperwork but no experience. I have spent a life time getting experience and still learning to this day, colleges spitting out so called trained people into the world makes me cringe. There are some of the so called fast trackers who will make it, through determination and self belief, but many more will fail, not their fault they have been "Lead up the garden path" IMHO

Sorry if that seemed like a rant, I can assure you it wasn't.

ecowarm, i completely agree, these '6 week' courses, or 'fast track' courses are just scams to make money, i looked into them recently as a bloke i know is doing it and im tryint to persuade him to not waste his money... hes spening ÂŁ6000 on an intensive course...he will prob come out knowing how to tighten a compression fitting....push it to maybe a hep joint, but thats about it!

tamz, i LOVE your honesty. you must be a hottie if you could get her knickers off as soon as you met eyes!hahaha xx

tamz, i LOVE your honesty. you must be a hottie if you could get her knickers off as soon as you met eyes!hahaha xx

I think you have number 3 wife waiting tamz, you must have something you HOTTIE lol

aye the knees after pulling 1 1/4" bends

woooah... back track..dancinplumber is not only a dancing plumber, he is scottish, wearing a kilt? whoooaaahhh!! don yer tartan!
i hope no pants are involved...only thinking about the tradition ofcorse!

hahahaha...reading back at these posts, this is soooo unprofessional!

ecowarm, nothing wrong with saying 'hottie'! i would of said 'fit', but isnt that maybe a too young of a word for the age i assume im talking to?

I knew they would be off as soon as i saw her stepping out the car :lol: Full of the Alpha male hormones so she tells me! but i'd better get those ideas out my head :smile: She is not daft and knows the script and i am getting too old for any more of that carry on.

I hope you hang around from time to time Claire. We could do with some more of the fairer sex views on things. CmairiD is another switched on lady contributor and you seem fit and able enough to deal with a bit man crack too (men as you will know are all really ******* at heart and easily put down :lol:)

tamz;274741[B said:
]I knew they would be off as soon as i saw her stepping out the car[/B] :lol: Full of the Alpha male hormones so she tells me! but i'd better get those ideas out my head :smile: She is not daft and knows the script and i am getting too old for any more of that carry on.

I hope you hang around from time to time Claire. We could do with some more of the fairer sex views on things. CmairiD is another switched on lady contributor and you seem fit and able enough to deal with a bit man crack too (men as you will know are all really ******* at heart and easily put down :lol:)
lol remember that say no more and agree tamz
edit: not with you tamz lol

Last edited:
hahahaha...reading back at these posts, this is soooo unprofessional!

ecowarm, nothing wrong with saying 'hottie'! i would of said 'fit', but isnt that maybe a too young of a word for the age i assume im talking to?

Agest comment if ever I heard one

OMG... sorry, i meant TAMZ... sorry dancing queen.... ohhh, i mean dancinplumba. are you a dancing queen at heart though? i think we all are actually.

tamz, you sound really cool, and your wife sounds like a good laugh. is it rude to ask your age?!

ive been on here for some time but too scared to ask anythin coz ive read things sometimes that some people have slatted them for, but i think, if you dont know some thing, you dont know it, and at least youur taking the time to find out unlike some people who just guess and hope for the best!
x

And even though im nearlly 50 I still use the the word "FIT" in the same way as the youngsters by the way???????

OMG... sorry, i meant TAMZ... sorry dancing queen.... ohhh, i mean dancinplumba. are you a dancing queen at heart though? i think we all are actually.

tamz, you sound really cool, and your wife sounds like a good laugh. is it rude to ask your age?!

ive been on here for some time but too scared to ask anythin coz ive read things sometimes that some people have slatted them for, but i think, if you dont know some thing, you dont know it, and at least youur taking the time to find out unlike some people who just guess and hope for the best!
x

ouch!!!

ecowarm... we are trying to figure out the way people r saying things over internet, so its hard to know whatv the person is like... na what i mean?!!!!

nearly 50 is young... om only HALF ur age... haha!!

Claire?? im double your age :(

ecowarm...ur not double my age, you are my age but doubled! (sorry, i coulnt think of any thing better...but i bet you dont act or feel it :) )
dancinplumba....you are my one and olny daning KING x

I'm 54. Some may say i'm past it but the Bride (my wee darling) still thinks i'm the mutts so that is all that counts. You feel free to jump in and comment or dis anyone you like. You have taken the BIG step of coming forward so the rest is easy. We have loads of experience between us and most of the guys (well it is mainly guys as you know) will offewr advice on anything. Being self employed can be a lonely tyhing. We, well some of us, have had the life experience of doing most things and we will help wherever we can.

Btw just for you're coming out (no longer lurking thingy )
1111111.jpg

thanks tamz.

i have noticed all the weird spelling mistakes made by me tonight, i would like to blame that on the computer for being too slow with my mega fast typing... or the slow computer... or the keys just aint big enough! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to know any female plumbers wanting some work experience? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock