Discuss Kitchen sink waste going into washing machine! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your suggestions rpm. As I mentioned I think wee will have to have a major reworking done of the whole system. It seems we have inherited a bit of a bodge job to be honest.

Thanks once again

Yorkieman

Have you tried or could you try putting a drain auger (coil of wire) down the waste pipe after the trap to clean that out, could be part of the cause of the slow flow.

It doesnt need any special connections or fittings.
On the back of your washing machine there will/should be a plastic drain hose clip near the top of the machine. This should be well above the height of the sink connection.

I suspect your washer drain hose is just dangling at the back. It needs fixing securely at correct height.

If the clip is snapped then use a cable tie.

It is simply siphoning back in.
When the hose is fitted according to the manufacturer instructions this does not happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi newcastle phill. Thanks for your reply. I haven't had time yet to check behind the washing machine but I'll certainly have a look ASAP. Very simple if this is the problem. Thanks :smug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen sink waste going into washing machine! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the...
Replies
Views
This is a picture of my sons sink plumbing. The yellow arrow goes to the dishwasher and the red arrow goes to the washing machine. There is a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock