Search the forum,

Discuss Job done - do I need a certificate of safety? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wildfirejc

Hi,
A few weeks ago, I posted a thread on getting a gas safe engineeer to change the direction of my Combi Boiler flue vent from one wall to another adjacent wall.

The job has been done - and it was a great job done too.

However, I've just been speaking to my electrician and he mentioned that for every job he does, he has to give a cert of safety. He says it is the law.

Does that apply to Gas Safe engineers as well?

The Gas Safe engineer I had working on the job of the vent didn't give me any cert - although I have checked that he is definitely on the Gas Safe register.

No, not for something like that. When new boilers are installed you get a certificate of compliance but otherwise the engineer self-certifies that the work is to standards.

so if he self certifies it, wheres that written down? he can give you a maintenance ticket or a servicing or land lord certificate if you really want one to make you feel better.

When I do any work on a gas appliance, I always issue a cert as a matter of course

Hi,
A few weeks ago, I posted a thread on getting a gas safe engineeer to change the direction of my Combi Boiler flue vent from one wall to another adjacent wall.

The job has been done - and it was a great job done too.

However, I've just been speaking to my electrician and he mentioned that for every job he does, he has to give a cert of safety. He says it is the law.

Does that apply to Gas Safe engineers as well?

The Gas Safe engineer I had working on the job of the vent didn't give me any cert - although I have checked that he is definitely on the Gas Safe register.

Your invoice is a record of works carried out.

I always give a cert just stating the work I have carried out, just in case.

A CP4 inspection form can be issued, but it is not compulsory like it is for the electrician.

I always give a cert just stating the work I have carried out, just in case.

What certificate do you issue,I only issue a certificate on landlords,servicing and new gas appliance installs.We document repairs and minor works on invoice.I did try and combine certificate and invoice on one a4 size pad but found it a bit to crammed to get all information on is this something you have done if so would be interested in your layout.

What certificate do you issue,I only issue a certificate on landlords,servicing and new gas appliance installs.We document repairs and minor works on invoice.I did try and combine certificate and invoice on one a4 size pad but found it a bit to crammed to get all information on is this something you have done if so would be interested in your layout.

Only a cp12 mate with a minimal description on.

Only a cp12 mate with a minimal description on.

You can never do to much paper work but I try and keep mine to a minimum looks like we do a similar thing but I put the minimal description on the invoice.
There are lots that provide none.

You can never do to much paper work but I try and keep mine to a minimum looks like we do a similar thing but I put the minimal description on the invoice.
There are lots that provide none.

Yeah is all about covering your ar5e mate.....so id rather leave something than nothing.

as others have stated theres no legal requirement for any type of cert to be issued. Wether its good practice is another question and everyone will have there own views.

work that may effect future work is best recorded and left with the appliance. So for example test results from a service, this can help any future engineers see the history of the appliance.

I just detail the work done on the invoice unless the customer specifically asks for a certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Job done - do I need a certificate of safety? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock