Search the forum,

Discuss Is my Navien boiler behaving as expected? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Can you help me determine if my new Navien lcb700 lsx is working as expected?

I got the Navien oil boiler installed to replaced an old firebird boiler. The new boiler is a condensing oil boiler and I’m not sure if this is working as expected. I’ve a 300 L water cylinder and after one hour of heating the water temperature reaches 40-45C. The cylinder is less than a year old and the thermostat is working well.

When the heat demand is on, the boiler themostat is set to 60C. The burner starts and the boiler lcd panel reaches 60C. The burner will stop and the pump continues to run. When the temperature at the boiler drops to 40C, then the boiler will burn again to 60C. The cycle continues and the 60C to 40C drop takes about 20 minutes.

My question for anyone….is this normal?

Thanks

Unvented cylinder?

That’s great do you know the size of the boiler kw ?

As the coil on the cylinder is 22kw yes you will have some cycling also with the cylinder temp increasing this will also increase cycling/ time before it fires the boiler again

As the coil on the cylinder is 22kw yes you will have some cycling also with the cylinder temp increasing this will also increase cycling/ time before it fires the boiler again
Hi
Am I incorrect to expect the boiler to continue to fire until the water in the cylinder has reached the thermostat set temperature?

Hi
Am I incorrect to expect the boiler to continue to fire until the water in the cylinder has reached the thermostat set temperature?

Yes or until the boiler is upto temp then it will wait until the temp drops below its threshold then refire and repeat

It will be around an hour due to the coil being miss matched

Internal or external pump ?

Yea something isn’t right any chance of a picture of the airing cupboard?

Hi

Yes, my airing cupboard with my cylinder and the heatmister control area.

The 90 won’t heat the water when it is the only active zone.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2200.png
    IMG_2200.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2199.png
    IMG_2199.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
There’s a red wheel headed valve above the ufh stuff is that open fully ?

You coil is big enough now due to you having a twin coil system in series

Try closing it half way eg 3 turns

Any other potential issues that could be responsible?

Could be supply pipes from the boiler not fully clear / restriction as I would say that coil would easy heat the cylinder up within the hour

Reply to Is my Navien boiler behaving as expected? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now completed damp proofing works & I need to extend these 4 pipes to go through the wall and into a new boiler room. This area will then be stud wall and...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry to hijack the thread, but im new to these forums and upon searching for some answers to my below question i come across this thread. I have a vaillant 637 system boiler which is located in my loft eaves and has a hot water tank (180L) connected to it which is next to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and filter, new pump, plus new Hive. Did full power flush of all 5 radiators before the installation. It has been 10days and boiler stil not working...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock