Discuss Interview Questions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreenArmy

Ive been asked to sit on an interview panel for 2 new plumbers in September. Ive been plumbing/gas on my tools for 19 years and recently become gas/plumbing foreman. Ive never interviewed anyone before and have been asked on the interview panel so we can hopefully get a couple of good plumbers.
I think they want me to ask about six questions relating to plumbing/gas and was wondering if any of you guys could give me some suggestions?
The work is day-to-day plumbing repairs in housing association properties with the occasional gas job.
I would like to keep the questions fairly basic but looking for replies that only a decent plumber can answer.
Any suggestions?

give them some scenarios - solve the problems etc - even type them out and give them so long to answer them etc.

more important to check there qualfications and there employment history out throroughly, interviews are very difficult to guage - and anyone can blag there way through to a certain point....

a good attitude goes a long way - but most people know what to say in an interview to the questions asked to find out if they have a good attitude.

eg - your superior needs a job finishing - he is asking around for volunteers to work late that day - 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest whats the chances of you volunteering ?????

most would put ten even though you will never get them to help you out when you come unstuck.

above all others as plumbing skills and ability will look after itself on a 3 month probation.

so you could ask what you like really.

most important to get the best employees is.
attitude....to others and customers homes,
relationship to others ie carrying the company reputation on site.
honesty,
reliability.

Last edited by a moderator:
think of head scratchers you have come across that took a while to fix and you may have called someone else as you were stumped. see what they think, they dont have to get it right but at least have a go and a sensible reply

then do the obvious ones like water is flowing out of a pipe from the side of the house what do you do?

the stopcock under the sink is seiaed what do you do?

no water is coming from a tap what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Interview Questions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back