Search the forum,

Discuss insurance providers,our experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

Anyone due to renew their insurance?,well avoid Hastings direct,they are hopeless,this is the average time it takes to get through to them,when you do get through they are extremely unhelpful and just want to rip you off,we have both vans insured with them,we are changing the transit for a newer van,admin fee on its own is £130,they also say we have had a claim against us up in Somerset,though we have not been to Somerset,they instantly loaded our insurance,even though there's no evidence,no damage to our van,no proof,plus we have a dated dash cam on every journey,they were not interested,this spurious claim happened 4 months ago and Hastings have done nothing to sort it out,a very poor,uncaring,inept insurance provider,probably useless in the event of actual claim,so avoid at all costs screenshot.jpg

been there with Hastings van direct or whatever, now use Aviva and surprisingly the premiums have been fair and service not to bad, waiting on my renewal this year after lorry hit my parked van!!! as of course I will be considered a higher risk, even though I wasnt in it at the time!!!!

hate dealing with insurance.
you could always complain to them about and if they cannot resolve it after 40 days, you can choose to take it further to the insurance ombudsman who will adjudicate on the matter. it normally get onto the case. as i believe they charged for every claim that goes to the ombudsman.

Rang up,said "ombudsman" spurious claim removed,they wont be my insurer next year,goth both vans with them,bunch of crooks

Its always the case with insurance they always prioritise complaints due to the 40 day rule and do t want it going to the ombudsman if they can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to insurance providers,our experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10 months or so we've noticed the pipes under the floor, particularly in the bathroom, which are under the concrete floor and tiles, have become incredibly...
Replies
Views
I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard where the soil pipe runs through each of the 4 floors on my side of the building. Within this cupboard there is a T junction taking the bath and kitchen...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
Q
Heating & Gas Engineer QERB Energy currently require an experienced engineer to carry out boiler and heating installation, servicing and maintenance (mainly Vaillant) in the Bristol and Bath area. The successful applicant will have experience in the following areas; Domestic Gas Boilers...
Replies
Views
M
In July we had our open vented back boiler break down so replaced it with a sealed condensing boiler. 2 radiators were replaced too but the remainder and pipes are the original ones. Before the replacement we had air often collecting in our highest radiator, the bathroom towel rail. We were...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock