Discuss Installing Vanity Unit! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wrecked_24_7

A customer has asked me to install a vanity unit, i have never done one before, But to top it off there is boxing that runs floor level against the wall under the basin. Is it just a case of buying the vanity unit, putting it togethr and chopping off some of the lower back and jig out sections from the side? Any help please

yeah vanity unit will screw to wall about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up the back with back panel and cut out for boxing - easy to do.

gets harder when they want a corner vanity suite with work top. butt and scribe joints with work top cut out for sink. thats where the kitchen fitting skills coming handy....

bathrooms are getting more and more complicated and the more experience you can get in joinery and kitchen fitting the more helpful it will become. we started taking on kitchens years ago and now they form just as much work if not more than our heating and bathroom jobs.

I always get my joiner mate to fit vanity units ready for me. I'm busy enough that I would prefer him to do all woodwork rather than me fart on with it (I'm not keen on woodbutchery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing Vanity Unit! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back