Search the forum,

Discuss Inline water softners why the massive price difference in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I

Ian Archer

Ok so the APC15 is around £350 and the ones in screwfix Flomaster are about £40........ both i think work on Zinc anodes...... what gives here?

Maybe higher purity metals in the ACP and they are a UK company so potentially costs more to produce assuming they make them here.

Flomasta is something to do with Screwfix/B+Q at a guess so is maybe mass produced elsewhere.

Both examples of water conditioners which are generally pretty crap unless there is no space/budget for an ion exchange softener.

Both units are water conditioners which help reduce the build up and blockages due to hardness in the water, the AP15 is a well made unit using the best materials available a tested independently to prove it effectiveness . The flomaster will be less effective it will not stop the formation of limscale but help its ability to stick to surfaces, nothing beats a Salt water softener but out of the two units the AP15 will do a better job and last around 10 years before it needs changing. Kop

Reply to Inline water softners why the massive price difference in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am not a plumber, but very fluent in residential plumbing. My Daughter has a building in town. There are 2 Woodford wall hydrants. Neither one work. They are both the same. This one is missing the vacuum breaker. They may have never been turned on (or even opened) since the building was built...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I notified the pressure reading was too high (> 3 bar). My plumber came and did a regular service and told me the boiler is in tip top condition. The...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point. There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock