Discuss Inlet Pressure...What would you do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Existing installation: System boiler running 22mm gas pipe

Operation pressure at meter 20mb

Inlet pressure at boiler 16mb

Burner pressure OK

Gas rate OK

As there's a drop across the installation over the 1mb allowance, what would you do?

advise the customer that it isnt 100% correct and should be looked at further, depending where you are recording 16mb at the appliance can cause you hassle, if you measure it at the inlet test point of the gas valve you will be losing too much there, the best way to check actual inlet pressure is to fit a test point on the pipe before it enters the appliance this will confirm what the pressure is in the pipe

if your getting low inlet pressure you should test it again with all other appliances running to make sure your getting min burner pressure with all other appliances running, if you are then ncs

if your getting low inlet pressure you should test it again with all other appliances running to make sure your getting min burner pressure with all other appliances running, if you are then ncs

Thanks. I'll test again.

I was just wandering if there was a low inlet but good burner pressure and gas rate....should I renew some of the gas line? I wasn't sure what was required of us...but marking it NCS if good burner pressure makes sense.

its up to the customer to decide if you should rectify the problem but as kirk said the pipe work may be fine

advise the customer that it isnt 100% correct and should be looked at further, depending where you are recording 16mb at the appliance can cause you hassle, if you measure it at the inlet test point of the gas valve you will be losing too much there, the best way to check actual inlet pressure is to fit a test point on the pipe before it enters the appliance this will confirm what the pressure is in the pipe

Sorry..I've not installed or seen and external test point before..you mean like a test point on a compression socket?

Sorry..I've not installed or seen and external test point before..you mean like a test point on a compression socket?

yes basically it is a compression straight coupling with a test point on it, a lot od people have had big hassle with low pressure recorded at gas valve inlet point, so they have started to fit a test point as their last connection on a gas line, they only cost a few quid and prove beyond doubt that your pipework is fine

i would class it as ncs as long as it is operating within the mi guidlines and issue a advice recomend a bigger pipe also check the lenght on the pipe run a 4mb drop is a lot for a standard house is the pipework sized correctly ???

inlet pressure was always a hot spud with corgi so wise to check i even try to use 28mm meter unions where i can get them as the 22 reducing up to 28 can cause problems if on a long run,but good advise about the gas valve restricting the out come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inlet Pressure...What would you do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock