Discuss Inhibitor levels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eamon80

Just wondering how to check inhibitor levels in heating systems, is it a case of checking ph level or is there a piece of equipment. Also is over concentrating counterproductive

You can buy a closed system anayasis test set for about 140 quid
usually test for ph,tds,nitite,molibdate and a couple of other i cant remember of the top of my head.
All depends on the construction matirials of the system!
If you are talking about a domestic system 10-12 rads chuck another 500mls of x100 in and it will be alright!

If you are using Fernox F1, you can get test strips, or more accurate, a test kit for about £20. I use it all the time.

Every time I service a boiler I do a system check right in front of the customer, explaining that it is important to make sure there is enough in to prevent corrosion and radiators rotting. If there is insufficient, the customer sees the test and knows you are not making things up, and then they are always very keen to top it up, so you get a bit of extra work.

If you added too much of the old Fernox MB1, you could end up with things foaming.

Last edited:
fernox were giving their kits away a while back see the plumbers mags and fill in trhe post cards, try online on their site

Think you still get the test strips free when you buy 10 bottles of inhibitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inhibitor levels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock