Discuss I want to start a boiler service/install company where do i start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if our red is on the plonk tonight, on a different planet??:)
I had a picture in my head of a plane taking off and heading North West with 'Aylesbury Plumbing & Heating' painted on the side.

I know I don't have to be qualified in Northern Ireland to do this work but I think this would give me the edge over the rest. If I did OFT 50 - Domestic Oil and OFT 105e - Domestic /Light Commercial Oil Firing Installation Course would I be right in saying that I could service and install oil boilers?

You need oft50, oft101, oft105e and oft600. Talk to David at CCTS. But then you'll have the tickets and no experience. So you'll need to find someone you can phone when you're stuck.

You'll also need all your test equipment which needs to be calibrated annually.

Plus insurances etc.

Thereabouts in Down? I can point couple of existing companies your way, save you some money.

It's a free market so if you get your qualifications you can legally trade however the piece of paper will not tell you all you need to know to complete the most basic boiler service.

I am in the South of Ireland and see lots of N.I. reg vans driving over 100 miles to do oil boiler services for less than half what I charge, some call it competition I call it desperation.

I had four jobs booked in today, only did one the customer said he was using a lot of oil 1,000 litres per month last year he used 1,500 litres up to April.

Find the fault, fix it then deliver two lots of very bad news (my bill being one), he is now back to using the expected amount of oil for a 4 bed house.

Far as I know the N.I. market is flooded with oil service technicians, Phoenix are not helping with their special offers.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I want to start a boiler service/install company where do i start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really here with the agenda of getting other peoples thoughts on charging deposits. To date I usually charge a third of my labour to...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock