Search the forum,

Discuss I no longer have an apprentice... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

After a conversation on Friday that was a bit overdue to be honest.

I was told that I was disrespectful and that she would not be spoken to like that. So what did I say that was so terrible, you may ask?

After about the 12th time of showing her how to hold and use a saw, she cut a piece of timber wonky. No big deal, I didn't have a go, or raise my voice, or swear. What I did do was show her the wonky cut and ask if she knew why it was wonky. When she said she didn't, I said "It's because despite my showing you a dozen times, you still held the saw wrong". Apparently I am bang out of order for saying that...

Last edited by a moderator:
'Twas always going to end in tears. She couldn't hang a combi anyway. Onwards and upwards masood.

Jeeez kids today eh! I`d give her a piece of timber and say ok you hold the saw the way you want but give me the straight cut I NEED. Oh! I forgot she gone lol

A lot of the time its the stance thats wrong, like the way some girls line up a shot on the pool table.

Well, like I said, she was bright and keen but sadly had too big an ego and was arrogant. Didn't like paying attention, always thought she knew a better way to do stuff, argued with me and didn't like having her mistakes pointed out. Did not know the word "sorry" either. No great loss to be honest. I was more than generous in terms of my time and cash but if she can't take being told that she's f*&^ked the same thing up repeatedly then I'm not going to waste my time.

So what were her good attributes?

Intelligent and articulate. Motivated. Always early in the mornings. Not afraid to get stuck in, wouldn't shy away from lifting heavy toolboxes. A lot of good things.

But no point being keen and asking questions if you're not going to take the answers in. No point getting stuck in if you're not bothered to watch and listen when told how to do the task. Just ends up wasting time and materials.

Intelligent and articulate. Motivated. Always early in the mornings. Not afraid to get stuck in, wouldn't shy away from lifting heavy toolboxes. A lot of good things.

But no point being keen and asking questions if you're not going to take the answers in. No point getting stuck in if you're not bothered to watch and listen when told how to do the task. Just ends up wasting time and materials.

Sod all that.... was she easy on the eye?

Masood, don`t know if your in the mood to take another apprentice on but a new member called thecockneyscot from the east of london was asking for a chance this weekend.

Marks out of 10? I'd give her one...

needpics.gif

Mate - I know I take the mickey out of you but really? You WANT to get me killed???!

Some poor lad in the plumber's merchant was holding his phone up looking at a website. She thought he was taking a photo of her and near as dammit ripped his head off...

Masood, don`t know if your in the mood to take another apprentice on but a new member called thecockneyscot from the east of london was asking for a chance this weekend.

Yeah I saw that mate. Might give him a try-out.

Mate - I know I take the mickey out of you but really? You WANT to get me killed???!

Some poor lad in the plumber's merchant was holding his phone up looking at a website. She thought he was taking a photo of her and near as dammit ripped his head off...

Is that frowned upon then? Women are a funny breed.

Sounds like the departed apprentice`s sister lol

Answers that.... NBM

No Balls Mas.........

How many times do you see a cacky attitude, I can take a lot of things, but attitude isnt one of them. I think I will leave it at that before I get my soap box out.

Just skipped through the first thread and read showing as showering, then thought "fark me, i'd be a bit p!ssed off if he showered me 12 times" as well
Too many buds I think on my part

Just skipped through the first thread and read showing as showering, then thought "fark me, i'd be a bit p!ssed off if he showered me 12 times" as well
Too many buds I think on my part

Sod off Jon! I've now got the mental image of moist, taut, young, pert and perky flesh........

I'm going to go and lay down!

I am trying to get my head round saw and wood, thought you lot were plumbers not chippies, I wouldnt give my Mrs a rip saw, all that swaying to n fro, females have extra pendulums ffs, no wonder the poor lass couldnt get it to cut straight.images.jpg

Well masood, what other things did you show her:) Pls tell, I am all ears
If you showed er 12 times how to cut that wood, my gut instinct tells me you showed her something else a few times :) :) :)

Well masood, what other things did you show her:) Pls tell, I am all ears
If you showed er 12 times how to cut that wood, my gut instinct tells me you showed her something else a few times :) :) :)

Is that right? Your gut instinct is wrong.

Oh well masood it's her loss as you was good enough to give her a chance. Some folks really don't realise how lucky they are to receive one. We see how many folks posting on here daily offering to shadow for free , others looking for work. I take my hat off to you for giving her try . (Job)

How many times do you see a cacky attitude, I can take a lot of things, but attitude isnt one of them. I think I will leave it at that before I get my soap box out.
Didnt you know? you are meant to be greatfull for their mere existance.

supposed to be a joke mas!!!

Yeah I know mate, sorry. Just writing to her college, and to her about wages and returning logo'd workwear got me a bit riled about the whole situation.

The incident I described, as I said, was the last straw. She'd had the attitude from day one.

Sorry, didn't mean to snap! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I no longer have an apprentice... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in kitchen which is next to boiler and cold main in, it came on after a few seconds longer than norm I thought just a blip, but this weekend and since...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock