Discuss I love my wet vac! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nat

Hi all,

Just felt the need to profess my love for my wet vac!

I have only been using one for a couple of months but it's now probably my favourite tool. It makes draining down a rad so easy, draining down cisterns a piece of cake, mopping up spillages a doddle!

How did I manage before without it? - you can even use it to suck out annoying airlocks! On domestics! On heating!

The other day I left the powerflush machine filling as I went from dump to circulate and went for a pee. When I came back it was pi55ing out the top and my heart was in my mouth. Got the wet vac out and 3 minutes later you wouldn't have known it happened!

It does all that and it only cost me about £30 from wickes (recommended to me by someone on here).

If you haven't already got one in your life BUY ONE TOMORROW!

I love mine too

I got the one from Wickes too, for the price its awesome.

Definitely a must have tool.

Ive had one for years it gets me out the poo all the time, I unblock drains so flooded drains, my bad boy sucks up all the poop :D , did you have to adapt the hose to get it to drain rads and tend to the air locks ?

Ive had one for years it gets me out the poo all the time, I unblock drains so flooded drains, my bad boy sucks up all the poop :D , did you have to adapt the hose to get it to drain rads and tend to the air locks ?

No I just crack the nut, ease the valve away from the tail with the hose underneath then put it over the rad tail and open the air vent fully, sucks all the water out in seconds with not a drop on the floor. With sucking out air locks on the heating I just undin an AAV and stuck the hose over the top until it started pulling water then quickly shove the AAV back on. You can do it on taps too just cup your hands around the hose and the tap and the jobs a good 'un.

B'day end of the month, I'll start dropping hints to the wife :)

Good for mopping up a mess but had zero joy with airlocks with them tho , but is handy piece of kit to have about.

i tried finding this online, anyone got a link to this product, iv never even seen one!

Bought one from Wicks a few weeks ago, but not tried it out yet. If it's as good as the reviews, it will be a bargain at under £50 with the waterproof filter and free delivery!

Hi guys just looking to know what other guys out think of the wet vac for removing airlocks and draining down rads would be nice to hear some other stories

I've a karcher - been very handy so far! I don't work on central heating at the mo but used it to clear air locks on systems.

It's also handy for emptying toilet cisterns.

how exactly would you use it for clearing an air lock say on a sealed system ????

Have tried a few times to remove airlocks as guys on here have mentioned it but in all honesty had zero joy with it . As been mentioned wouldn't try it on a sealed system .

wickes are saying they dont do that wet and dry vac eanymre,am goin 2 get one tomorrow where else can a get one? cheap as poss

I have a Wickes wet/ dry about 3 years old. It is good for the wet side but crap as a hoover even with buying the extra filter. The new one looks pretty but I doubt the hoover side is any better. Best to carry a HENRY as well.

my wet vacc is great, use it all the time, use it to drain toilets and cisterns, drain heating systems when they are blocked and dont drain fully, clean out macerator pump(cleaned my wet vacc afterwards lol) clean up spillages, also great for getting black water out of cream carpets, just get the wet vacc on right away get most of it up then use some wonder wipes if there is a stain.

I love mine too, possibly one of the most usefull bits of kit in the van (especially when i've just had a 'moment' and made a right mess!)
Works great for getting the dregs out the bottom of F&Es too

Got a 'Charles', the wet and dry version of a Henry - It's great but a bit ***bersome compared to some of the smaller ones, the Wickes one looks pretty good for the cash :)

Last edited by a moderator:
iv had one for a few years on the advice of my mate , best bit of kit in the van. the manufacturers put a feed back form in the box to find out who was buying them. i didnt send it in bcos i figured that once they know plumbers are buying them up they will bang the price up

Anyone got the name of this wickes wet and dry vac you guys are chatting about? I just looked and the only one i see is 49.99

I've got a charles which is the wet and dry henry type, superb bit of kit but doesn't hold enough water for me though

Lol.....I really want now after reading the thread......only trouble now is that I've looked at loads and dont know which one I want......do I get the wicked one?? Or the archer one??? Or one of the ones that arevom fleabay! !!!! I can't make me mind up!!!!!

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

I got one of the Wickes £45 ones yesterday. I haven't tried it 'wet' yet but it did the job on a tidy out of the garage which involved sucking up all sorts of rubbish.

Seems quite light and might not stand up to much abuse but it's a lot cheaper than a Numatic!

I agree it is quite lightweight and hopefully it will survive rolling about in the van! It's similar in design to a Henry, but nowhere near as solid.
Pretty powerful motor though, and I guess you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I love my wet vac! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
So after having 4 wickes wet vacs and got fed up of them spraying water out all the time and having to open the filter to remove water each time...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
im of understanding that lots of you use wet vacs to remove the last bits of water from pipe work after draining a system, in order to carry out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had a bathroom fitted on the ground floor over the past couple weeks, including a new wall hung radiator in there. Unfortunately for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock