Discuss How to switch off a Saniflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bek

I have a Saniflo toilet which has always operated beautifully til now. Unfortunately I think something has fallen down it and blocked it. It's now leaking (yesterday through the floor and into the hall downstairs). All advice online says switch off the power supply and the water supply but no one says how to do this. There are no obvious buttons or levers anywhere. Ive taken out the fuse which seems to have solved the power issue but how do I turn off the water. At the moment I've just turned off the water to the whole house. Any help appreciated!

Is it a saniflo unit that sits at the back of the toilet? If so it gets its water when you flush the toilet so don't flush the toilet. Photos of the unit will help further

Welcome to the forum Bek.
Use google for isolation valves to get an idea of what you are looking for and hopefully it will be fitted to the pipe that puts the water in to the toilet cistern. If you can see the Saniflo the model name will be in the top right hand corner.

Sounds like the saniflo wc, if it is they have a washing machine valve on them for the cold water inlet, I've only ever fitted one, as there is no cistern it should be behind the wc pan, you may have to move it forward which could loosen the waste connections and then the s*** will literally hit the floor. You may be best off getting a plumber in as if it hasn't been installed with isolation they will be able to do that for you.

Sounds like the saniflo wc, if it is they have a washing machine valve on them for the cold water inlet, I've only ever fitted one, as there is no cistern it should be behind the wc pan, you may have to move it forward which could loosen the waste connections and then the s*** will literally hit the floor. You may be best off getting a plumber in as if it hasn't been installed with isolation they will be able to do that for you.

You thinking of the Sanicompact, the only one without a cistern and with the internal pump / motor box? Hope for Bek`s sake he or she hasn`t got that one.
Just waiting for them to come back as last we heard the whole house was without water.

Call a plumber or a friend who knows how to isolate the water supply. The cistern should have a ballofix valve on the inlet pipe. Photos would help.

Call a plumber or a friend who knows how to isolate the water supply. The cistern should have a ballofix valve on the inlet pipe. Photos would help.

Should is the word kozak, probably see 3 to 5 a week with no isolation valve though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to switch off a Saniflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock