Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How much solder for 15mm pipe? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I hope you are doing well.
I have this 3.25mm lead-free grade 99c solder wire. I know that the good practice to bend the wire before soldering so you know exactly how much it is absorbed by the flux. I know too little isn't good and too much is as bad.
I need to connect two 15mm pipes with a straight connector.
Thanks

Yes front then back etc and yes

Let the heat of the metal melt the solder (not the flame).
Apply solder at the base (lowest point) so you can see it flood the fitting.
Don't burn the flux.

Practice makes perfect!

They used to say the same dia the same length of solder eg 15mm tube 15mm long of solder
You sure about that. Obviously, like I assume all the pros on here I don’t measure solder but wasn’t it half the diameter up to 28mm pipe?

15mm for a 15mm pipe is loads and will be dripping off the bottom.

Reply to How much solder for 15mm pipe? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to fit a new rad but the location of it has an obstruction. I initially wanted to tee from the 22mm pipes but right beside them...
Replies
Views
I want to solder a 15mm end-feed elbow onto a straight run of pipe to join it up to a radiator. I've cut the existing pipe run just a fraction too...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock