Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss how much does a potterton flamingo 50s weigh? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
omg, i nearly broke my back....never anticpated a boiler being that heavy....at least 60kg right?

any other boilers that heavy out there?

flamingo.jpg

Come work with me, roger, simon g or bunker.

then you'll feel good lifting one of them!

Kingfishers are pretty heavy.......never seen one on the wall though!

We do oil boilers :D you're looking at dry weights of about 140kg and up :)
they are floor standers

Wall mounteds you build up but the heat exchangers are about 55 kg and up

I think hrm wall star water jackets are 80kg

Where abouts are you?

60kg Pah, should do a few oil boilers (or biomass) to man you up :p

During my apprenticeship i had a grant 58/70 roll on the trolly on a slight hill and squish me into the wall.

The only time the boss stopped a job over anything.

Next day my legs were like lead
same colour too!

We do oil boilers :D you're looking at dry weights of about 140kg and up :)
they are floor standers

Wall mounteds you build up but the heat exchangers are about 55 kg and up

I think hrm wall star water jackets are 80kg

Where abouts are you?

All of a sudden i feel like a wimp...:oops:

from Dagenham mate..more towards goodmayes sides if you know the area...

You can come help me, nearly popped my balls, removed two coal auto feed boilers few years ago 280kg each. Two of us burst our balls moving then to steps then dragged out with a sprinter, bay far the biggest domestic boilers ever stripped out. Loads of r types on first and second floors up here! 3 sections ok, 5 is a horror .

[h=2]"how much does a potterton flamingo 50s weigh?"[/h]Is that the African Flamingo or the European Flamingo?

yes, and especially taking it down a flight of stairs even though there were 2 of us carrying it....i felt sorry for the 2 blokes who took it away in a shopping trolley.....lol

Thats about 30kg?

worcester cdi classics are 47.5 kg to lift to hang the boiler.
Carrying them into lofts was the killer...
thats what i was mainly hanging during my apprenticeship.

got left to do a few hrm water jackets solo too.
Made an excuse to do light work the next day!

Yes 31kg.

How on earth do you get something of that weight up the loft? Do you have to use some kind of rope or something?

Early Worcester combis are heavy, last one I did was a 9.24 and it was around 68 kg

How much does a Potterton Flamingo weigh?

When it was installed, I was probably in my 20s or early 30s. At that time, a Flamingo was a medium weight boiler - just a light upper body workout.

In the intervening 25 years, the old Flamingo has put on weight even faster than me. Now its a really heavy weight. :)

It depends what output they are. Bigger output bigger lump of cast.
Around 180lb tho and seem a lot heavier than they were 30 years ago.

I have serviced a GW Ultimate 120 for 11 years, the top of the casing is approx 7 foot off the floor. Every year the customer asks if he needs a new boiler, every year the same answer " NO"

I dread the time I have to lift the beast down.

I have serviced a GW Ultimate 120 for 11 years, the top of the casing is approx 7 foot off the floor. Every year the customer asks if he needs a new boiler, every year the same answer " NO"

I dread the time I have to lift the beast down.

Gravity will help on the way down. Out to the van is the more difficult bit

Gravity will help on the way down. Out to the van is the more difficult bit

You need to catch it tho or wreck the kitchen.
Putting them up was easier than taking them down.
Standing on the womans 3 legged stool you took a dive at the wall over the worktop and hoped you landed above the bracket and slid it down into position :smile:

an theres me stripping combis down on the wall to save whats left of my spinal discs when removing old ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much does a potterton flamingo 50s weigh? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock