Search the forum,

Discuss How long should it take to heat Ariston 210l cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have a Ariston Classico STI cylinder , 210 litres, want to check if it’s working to its max and wanted to know how long would it take to heat up fully first thing in morning at 60-65c? Using my gas boiler for heat.

With below average usage, how many hours should it retain the heat?
I have a secondary return pump which is timed few minutes every hour or so too.

Thanks in advance.

You seem excited by this secondary return. There are lots of factors re heatloss and retention. Insulation being a biggun. Is your secondary return fully insulated as this will lose some. Your installer should’ve known this but it sounds like it was retro fitted?? I’d say it shouldn’t take any more than a couple of hours max to get it up to temperature dependent on piping, plumbing and again insulation

Reply to How long should it take to heat Ariston 210l cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH to my system of 3 zones; DHW and 2 radiator zones. The gas usage was high and didn’t feel the boiler was modulating, so yesterday I decided to remove...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to live in and we're having an issue with water not staying hot when the secondary return circuit is on. From a starting point of fully heated the...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the property has been vacant for a long while, a pipe froze and burst and left damp. It’s imperative we get the house heated and warmed up enough to dry it...
Replies
Views
N
We have a weird 'dual' system in our 2 floor house we just rented out - meaning that the ground floor has an underfloor system and the top floor has a classic radiator system. Both are hooked up to the gas boiler (as well as the hot water tank/cylinder). I've never had underfloor heating before...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock