Search the forum,

Discuss How can i find work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

essex_plumber

im 29 years old. and live in dagenham (east london). got 2 years experience on site work and have my level 2. i have tried everything. websites, phone book, job centre, etc. i just cant seem to find work anywhere as a trainee or a plumbers mate. im even finding it hard to even get voluntry work.

can anyone guide me in the right direction on where to look?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
In exactly same boat mate. I've even started applying for jobs nationwide now absoultly nothing up here in North Wales! Have a few jobs lined up in the New Year so might just jump in at the deep end, gain some experience and hope to get a job as a plumbers mate sooner rarther than later!

have you tried this site? UK jobs - CV-library.co.uk always loads of jobs down London way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep at it, don't give up. The thing is that there is so many people out there in your position with so little jobs available. I was in exactly the same position as you up until a few months ago when I finally secured an apprenticeship about 40 miles away from where I live. The wage or training allowance just about covers my fuel bill. But I'm not complaining as I know how hard it is get your foot on the ladder.

Good look to you........you'll need patience, I had to wait 3 years!

Keep at it, don't give up. The thing is that there is so many people out there in your position with so little jobs available. I was in exactly the same position as you up until a few months ago when I finally secured an apprenticeship about 40 miles away from where I live. The wage or training allowance just about covers my fuel bill. But I'm not complaining as I know how hard it is get your foot on the ladder.

Good look to you........you'll need patience, I had to wait 3 years!

Last edited:
I know I've had a few drinks, but didn't think it was enough to see double :)

you might think theres a lot of work in london but truth be known there nothing at the min mate, think iv phoned every company up in and around london area and they all keep saying the same thing "nothing at the minute mate" or "just had to lay 3 blokes off me self mate" gonna keep at it tho, aint wasting 2 years on site work and all that collage time i had to do to start changing jobs now.

its the same down in cornwall too boys (or girls?),

i've been round and seen 30/40 plumbers in the past few weeks and all i'vegot is, maybe in the new year.

fingers crossed one of the maybes turns into something, i just can't wait to get going after all this college.

Hi. Your salvation may come in the form of a cold winter. I hated getting called out for the repair of burst pipes, and i doubt i am alone amongst established plumbers. However there is good money to be made should it occur. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How can i find work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock