Discuss Hot water smells in unvented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, forgive me for being sceptical about Simon's 'educated' diagnosis, but the heating circuit pressure has risen by 0.45 bar since yesterday with the filling loop disconnected. It's now approaching the cold water supply pressure (a measly 1.3 bar at the moment). System temperatures are the same as at the point I measured it yesterday.

Just for the record, Simon, I may not be a plumber but I am a professional engineer who operates industrial scale pressurised water systems, heat exchangers etc. day in, day out. In the time you took to type your last reply, you could instead have written a brief explanation of your reasoning, I'm sure my pretty little non-plumber head would have understood. Instead you chose to be arrogant and patronising.

Time for a professional to take over the reigns, thanks for all the assistance.
Couldn' give a toss if you're rocket scientist.

It was neither patronising or arrogant and I wished you good luck, but a typical response from a so called professional engineer.

you sure you have an unvented as these need a min of 2.5 bar cold water pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water smells in unvented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock