Discuss Hot water cylinder, bungalow loft?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnJeff

Hi

I have just purchased a bungalow in an area with no gas, it has electric storage heaters. I would like to put a hot water cylinder in the loft (currently in the hall) with header tank above but am being given conflicting advice. The hot water will serve bathroom with mixer shower and bath, kitchen. The ceiling height is 2.9m and the highest I can get the bottom of the cold water tank is 0.9m above the ceiling.
Can anyone advise on feasibility, pipe sizes etc.
Any advice much appreciated.

providing you can get the tank above the cylinder its ok remember to make the frame strong enough to support the tanks weight and spread the load onto at least one wall if not two

If you have the mains cold water pressure and flow, how about a direct unvented cylinder?

Thanks for advice, unfortunately the cold water pressure is not so good.
So as long as the bottom of the cold tank is just above the top of the hot water cylinder, things should work?

sounds like your struggling to get any head of pressure, maybe a small unvented would be best

I'd much rather the cold storage in the loft with the hot water cylinder on the same level as the bathroom. Seems to work fine in other bungalows and also houses with bathrooms upstairs.

Alternatively (but not my choice), a combination boiler would suffice.

The pressure at the hot taps is currently v low, i'm assuming the pipe sizes/design is wrong. There is no gas in the village and i'm not sure how oil prices are going to go so will leave the warm air heating system in for the time being.

The new layout of the bungalow means it would be better to have the cylinder in the loft but this is where opinion seems to be divided. I assume that the pressure would be the same where ever the cylinder goes as its the cold tank which dictates this. But I have been told otherwise.

Electric combi? Did one earlier this year, but again is dependant on mains flow and pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water cylinder, bungalow loft?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock