Discuss Hot news from Building Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reg Man

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It has revealed that the installation fixed cooking appliances (ie Gas Hobs) are required to be notified under Part L building Regulations. Apparently it is detailed in their advice notice and has been for at least 3 years and not even the competent person scheme providers were aware of this. So it may well be publicized in the future trade magazines.

It has revealed that the installation fixed cooking appliances (ie Gas Hobs) are required to be notified under Part L building Regulations. Apparently it is detailed in their advice notice and has been for at least 3 years and not even the competent person scheme providers were aware of this. So it may well be publicized in the future trade magazines.
Can you show us where it states this please Reg Man.
I know cooking ranges fall under this as with the heating they are classed as a controlled service but not just a Hobs ? & if a hob is then why not a gas fire ??
It comes to something when you are telling the CP scheme providers / Building Control, what is & what is not covered, doesn't it !!!!!!.

Had a conversation with a chap I know from GSR, they only found out yesterday.

Very interesting. Will be watching for this.
I'm certainly bemused about what is in and then out of BR each year - if there is a logic to it I can't see it.

(i'm thinking electrics bathrooms, gardens, kitchens)

What a farce.

More money for nothing

About time the councils have people a break

They take enough in poll tax!

The appliance warehouses and kitchen fitters are going to love it.:toilet:

I thought you had to register fires with gas safe and hos I thought it was just cookers that didn't have to be registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot news from Building Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
O
    • Agree
hi guys, just came across this little note of Atag boilers. The new 'Boiler Plus' regulation comes into play next week, and we’re...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Imagine what life would be like without a modern plumbing system. How would you cope without running water or flushing toilets? Water is the most...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Spotted this article in a mag recently (though a September issue...) ^ I thought this was illegal? Then from another thread read I got this...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock