Search the forum,

Discuss Hot news from Building Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reg Man

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It has revealed that the installation fixed cooking appliances (ie Gas Hobs) are required to be notified under Part L building Regulations. Apparently it is detailed in their advice notice and has been for at least 3 years and not even the competent person scheme providers were aware of this. So it may well be publicized in the future trade magazines.

It has revealed that the installation fixed cooking appliances (ie Gas Hobs) are required to be notified under Part L building Regulations. Apparently it is detailed in their advice notice and has been for at least 3 years and not even the competent person scheme providers were aware of this. So it may well be publicized in the future trade magazines.
Can you show us where it states this please Reg Man.
I know cooking ranges fall under this as with the heating they are classed as a controlled service but not just a Hobs ? & if a hob is then why not a gas fire ??
It comes to something when you are telling the CP scheme providers / Building Control, what is & what is not covered, doesn't it !!!!!!.

Had a conversation with a chap I know from GSR, they only found out yesterday.

Very interesting. Will be watching for this.
I'm certainly bemused about what is in and then out of BR each year - if there is a logic to it I can't see it.

(i'm thinking electrics bathrooms, gardens, kitchens)

What a farce.

More money for nothing

About time the councils have people a break

They take enough in poll tax!

The appliance warehouses and kitchen fitters are going to love it.:toilet:

I thought you had to register fires with gas safe and hos I thought it was just cookers that didn't have to be registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot news from Building Control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on heating controls. We'll be upgrading our boiler (To a modulating oil system boiler - EOGB Sapphire) and unvented cylinder (To a Mixergy cylinder) as we currently have a 13 year old fixed output combi boiler with a unvented cylinder which is fed solely...
Replies
Views
Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number of Wiser TRVs in order to have easier and more fine-grained control. Replacing the EP2002 with the Wiser hub simply involved swapping the wallplate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power. There are only a few companies that do central heating systems locally, and they are aimed at the very top end of the market. We are at the lower end of...
Replies
Views
Hi, seeking some advice on a Rayburn and control of hot water. Leaving out a very long story, my mothers house is about 200 miles away from me and she has recently moved into a care home. My brother and I need to renovate this from afar in order to rent it out to help with funds for her...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock