Search the forum,

Discuss Hi there,just a quick introduction to me. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike.M

Hi all,
My name is Mike and I am 49 yrs old and I have been a plumber since I was 15.
I started my time with a building firm in my home town in the Highlands and after 3 years I was getting a bit fed up of being in charge of a cement mixer when they needed extra hands :)
I therefore left my job and went to work for a large local company with branches in all the cities in Scotland.I worked on all sorts of jobs including Hotels, Hospitals and Schools as well as renovations and new builds.
When I was time served +2yrs they did what a lot of companies did and paid me off.
I then went to work for another large company and was part of a team installing central heating in 700+ RAF houses. Following that I was on many large jobs such as hospitals, shopping centres and schools all over Scotland and the Western Isles.
When the company owner passed away I started my own business and was quite successful for approx 7 yrs and had contracts with local housing associations and local hotels and guest houses as well as many private customers.
Following this I went to work in a local College where I taught mostly apprentices at SVQ level 3 but also taught school age kids and also adults.
Whilst achieving a qualification in teaching I also completed many courses relevant to my trade. (most were train the trainer) Everything from Gas to OFTEC, Solar thermal, Ground Source, Air Source, Unvented hot water, Underfloor heating,Electricity for Plumbers, Water Disinfection, Water Byelaws, Woody Biomas, Scafolding and many other subjects both workshop and classroom based It was a really interesting job however for reasons outwith my control I left. I have done some Health and Safety training for a local charity and some other stuff as well as still being active as a plumber. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to UKPF Mike, you sound like a busy guy and looking forward to your input to threads.

Some c.v you have there Mike welcome to the forum's look forward to your input and just in case you may have forgotten anything I sure someone here can help ...lol........regards Turnpin:welcome:

Welcome Mike.

[video=youtube;liIlW-ovx0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIlW-ovx0Y[/video]

Great intro, you are certainly experienced! When you say Western Isles, does that include the Outer Hebrides? I'd love to visit them!

Wow factor welcome Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi there,just a quick introduction to me. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am looking to join a plumbing and heating engineer 4 days a week whilst I attend College to gain my level 3 plumbing and heating qualifications. if...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock