Search the forum,

Discuss Hi there,just a quick introduction to me. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike.M

Hi all,
My name is Mike and I am 49 yrs old and I have been a plumber since I was 15.
I started my time with a building firm in my home town in the Highlands and after 3 years I was getting a bit fed up of being in charge of a cement mixer when they needed extra hands :)
I therefore left my job and went to work for a large local company with branches in all the cities in Scotland.I worked on all sorts of jobs including Hotels, Hospitals and Schools as well as renovations and new builds.
When I was time served +2yrs they did what a lot of companies did and paid me off.
I then went to work for another large company and was part of a team installing central heating in 700+ RAF houses. Following that I was on many large jobs such as hospitals, shopping centres and schools all over Scotland and the Western Isles.
When the company owner passed away I started my own business and was quite successful for approx 7 yrs and had contracts with local housing associations and local hotels and guest houses as well as many private customers.
Following this I went to work in a local College where I taught mostly apprentices at SVQ level 3 but also taught school age kids and also adults.
Whilst achieving a qualification in teaching I also completed many courses relevant to my trade. (most were train the trainer) Everything from Gas to OFTEC, Solar thermal, Ground Source, Air Source, Unvented hot water, Underfloor heating,Electricity for Plumbers, Water Disinfection, Water Byelaws, Woody Biomas, Scafolding and many other subjects both workshop and classroom based It was a really interesting job however for reasons outwith my control I left. I have done some Health and Safety training for a local charity and some other stuff as well as still being active as a plumber. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to UKPF Mike, you sound like a busy guy and looking forward to your input to threads.

Some c.v you have there Mike welcome to the forum's look forward to your input and just in case you may have forgotten anything I sure someone here can help ...lol........regards Turnpin:welcome:

Welcome Mike.

[video=youtube;liIlW-ovx0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIlW-ovx0Y[/video]

Great intro, you are certainly experienced! When you say Western Isles, does that include the Outer Hebrides? I'd love to visit them!

Wow factor welcome Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi there,just a quick introduction to me. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock