Search the forum,

Discuss Help with unblocking whirlpool bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

image.jpg

Hi

I have these air jets in the base of my bath and when I switch the pump on only
one works, it started working and lots of grime came out so I suspect all are blocked

Does anyone know of a way to clean these and remove them? I’ve tried myself to no avail.

Also; interestingly when I switch the pump on it will work for around 5 minutes and then switch off and not come back on for a good half hour!

Any suggestions welcomed, most of the YouTube and Google searches just bring up baths with large air jets not the type my bath has.

Thanks

Do you know the make/model of the bath?

Some models, e.g. Whirlpool Airspa, have diffuser caps (the parts you can see in your photo) that unscrew. Others snap on, i.e. have lugs that clip over a rim on the outlet, others push in and are held in place by an o-ring. There is essentially no standardisation as far as I can tell.

Google for images of "air jet bath diffuser caps" and you can see the range of possibilities.

All spa baths need a rigorous cleaning regime using chemicals specified by the manufacturer. They get revolting quite fast if this is not followed diligently.

You can buy tablets that you put in the bath and then turn it on and they clear all the pipes etc. Thats what I had many moons ago.

Reply to Help with unblocking whirlpool bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock