Search the forum,

Discuss Help with unblocking whirlpool bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

image.jpg

Hi

I have these air jets in the base of my bath and when I switch the pump on only
one works, it started working and lots of grime came out so I suspect all are blocked

Does anyone know of a way to clean these and remove them? I’ve tried myself to no avail.

Also; interestingly when I switch the pump on it will work for around 5 minutes and then switch off and not come back on for a good half hour!

Any suggestions welcomed, most of the YouTube and Google searches just bring up baths with large air jets not the type my bath has.

Thanks

Do you know the make/model of the bath?

Some models, e.g. Whirlpool Airspa, have diffuser caps (the parts you can see in your photo) that unscrew. Others snap on, i.e. have lugs that clip over a rim on the outlet, others push in and are held in place by an o-ring. There is essentially no standardisation as far as I can tell.

Google for images of "air jet bath diffuser caps" and you can see the range of possibilities.

All spa baths need a rigorous cleaning regime using chemicals specified by the manufacturer. They get revolting quite fast if this is not followed diligently.

You can buy tablets that you put in the bath and then turn it on and they clear all the pipes etc. Thats what I had many moons ago.

Reply to Help with unblocking whirlpool bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock