Search the forum,

Discuss Help With a Level 3 Cold water exam i have Monday? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liamsmith

Hi My names Liam, 18 years old, Level 3 Student;
This may Seem like a silly post,

But any advice on me having a greater chance of passing my exam would be greatly appreciated.
i mean revising i know but what pages say exactly would be good to read in WRAS book would help me the most and may come up in the exam.

Its bit of an open question but please any advice would be for the better than worse.

Your exam could cover anything in the WRAS book. Backflow prevention is a good section to get your head round. Has a lot of the WRAS book been covered in your level 1 & 2. Level 3 May cover the hot water side more.

Your exam could cover anything in the WRAS book. Backflow prevention is a good section to get your head round. Has a lot of the WRAS book been covered in your level 1 & 2. Level 3 May cover the hot water side more.
Hi Liam
WRAS book is not the best for revision have you not got a C&G L3 book ?
What areas do you think you are weak in ?
Are you ok with these ?
Where is an AUK1 air gap found ? What is HUK1 ?
What is the fluid category of the water contained within a
Domestic washing machine? _______________
A hot water heating system serving radiators in a bank ? _________________
What Tap Air Gap would be required for a basin tap installed in a hospital ?
Water contained in a cistern which feeds a fire fighting system such as hose reels or sprinklers?Give two examples of when a newly installed hot & cold water pipework does not normally require disinfection ?
I will mark you if you like ! LOL

[h=1]The City & Guilds Textbook: Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating are top notch for all the exams you will have to take.. I only used the WRAS book for reference to the air-gaps when I took it not to long ago. Good luck[/h]

Thank you very much for replying with such detail, see them question uve written there came up most of them came up in a mock exam we did not long ago so i take it you know what your taking about. all weve bin told is to revise WRAS and part g building regs. but first thing Monday morning ill pick one of these up from the library and give it a good read.

Thanks again, ill be sure to post my results for the first attempt Monday afternoon :)

you can down load Part G on the net for free.

Thank you To all the people who posted on my thread, and thank you for all the help :)
out of about 23 of us 6 passed me with the 2nd highest score really chuffed :D now hot water to concentrate on

Liam smith

Delete your messages. Your inbox is full and I cant message you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help With a Level 3 Cold water exam i have Monday? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock