Discuss Help wit a Brittony Combi 80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pdcleeds

Hello i went to look at a Brittony Combi 80 today that fires up when calling for hot water but when you call for heating its totally dead no pump no fan ect but works fine when calling for hot water. Would i be right in thinking its a problem with the PCB and that need relacing. Thanks for reading

To prove external controls, link at main plug into boiler, connections 1 and 2, 24 volts. Check diverted valve is not stuck in hot water mode.
I'm assuming you get nothing when on heating mode, just sits there dead?

Well if hot water is working then it narrows it down a bit, ie: you know gas valve, fan, etc etc are working. Make sure you definitely have a demand and then I would be suspecting the diverter is stuck in hot water mode.

If diverter was stuck it would more than likely still fire and circulate the plate on these, click out on overheat/high limit. Had this a few times recently. Sounds like external controls to me. Wireless room stat with duff batteries seems to be the flavour of the month for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help wit a Brittony Combi 80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock