Discuss HELP! UFH system causing boiler temp drop/excessive gas consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

do you have the plan that poly did?

Pictures of the manifolds as requested. The pipe work coming from the boiler to feed these is 22mm copper BUT to the 9 port manifold where it goes into the ceiling there is a section of plastic speedfit on the flow/return which I understand has quite a significant reduction in bore (which, if the fault is caused by the feed to the manifolds being compromised then this will only serve to exaggerate this issue?)

8C0293BE-BD55-4BE8-9FC7-D4C9160B6315.jpeg

B5E162B5-8F93-4EEF-88D7-B971F2E51331.jpeg

The pipe work coming from the boiler to feed these is 22mm copper BUT to the 9 port manifold where it goes into the ceiling there is a section of plastic speedfit on the flow/return which I understand has quite a significant reduction in bore
It goes from copper to plastic but does the external size reduce ie. 22 to 15mm.
The flow rates through plastic are a little less but the plastic normally has less resistance due to less fittings & smoother bore.

I almost jumped in earlier in the thread to say the same. A buffer tank would improve things I'm sure. Also, that's a large area - 650 cubic meters ish and a similar sized extension. Without knowing all the building specs don't know but I would suspect that the boiler at 24 KW is too small

Reply to HELP! UFH system causing boiler temp drop/excessive gas consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 3 storey house built in 1904. We put UFH in the house about 20 years ago. Works well with newish gas boiler. Just curious... I know...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock