Discuss Help ufh design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

Hi All,

I have to price up a conversion from a conventional to a combi system this is no problem but..... The customer is having a consevatory built and would like underfloor heating in there. I have very limited experience on this would anyone have an idea where I could get a diagram from explaining the controls etc. I was informed that it would have to be similar in design to an s or y plan system and that all combis arent suited to this...... Any information greatly received

Thanks

Eddie

Convert system to a "s" plan and run dedicated flow / return to a manifold. Fit a single zone ufh to the conservatory ( in screed imho is best) use a protea able thermostat to control.
Send the room size/ structure to any manufacturer and they will do the sizing for you.

cheers chalked... do i need to zone the central heating side too sorry for the dumb question im guessing yes. Also i read that the ufh cant be filled off the loop is this right? Thanks for the help...

Eddie

With the s plan you will have your rads on one zone and the ufh on another zone

You fill it with your filling loop, but filling the loops of pipe is another thing. Depending on manufacturer of the manifold.

Lot of work for a conservatory.

Have a search on the forum for alternative heating solutions for a conservatory.

My preference is an electric fan heater. Instant heat when required and not needing to switch it on hours before you go in the conservatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help ufh design in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Just recently installed UFH .When all radiators and Ufh are on pressure normal floors are warm radiates are warm .When anything is turned off...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock