Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help getting access to the mechanism of this tap please. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, can anyone advise regarding getting access to the working mechanism within this tap. It's leaking and I want to change the washer. There's no grub nut around the base and as can be seen there's no access via the top of the tap. I'm thinking that the top skirt will unscrew with the help of a wrench and some protection but I don't want to try that until I get some confirmation advice from you guys. Ta
Various  1218.jpg

Probably undo the shroud and the top will come off as one rubber gloves might help you grip it

Reply to Help getting access to the mechanism of this tap please. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock