Discuss Heatline Monza 24k LPG installation issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seanantasy

Hi all, we had an LPG tank installed in August 2012, and shopped around for an LPG boiler, when in local B&Q buying plasterboard came across the Monza 24k which said it was LPG capable. We had a chat with the B&Q plumber who said it was a good low entry level boiler and that it was made by Heatline and they used many parts from the more expensive name brands. So all sounded good and our builder fitted it in. We then tried to get hold of a Gas-Safe registered plumber to attach the boiler to the LPG valve outside and setup the system. But since November 2012 we have been getting nowhere!

We've tried 3 different plumbers in the area and 2 came, had a look, and never came back to us. We've had one plumber now for a few months who has been trying to get hold of Heatline/Glowworm to get information but is getting pushed around from answer machine to answer machine. We tried ouselves by calling Heatline but they will only speak to a Gas-Safe engineer who can provide his details. My fiancé's father had a plumber round for boiler repairs last month and he used to work for Heatline or something and said that the boiler is ok but that Heatline is a nightmare to get hold of, they get their money back through the high tariff calls and expensive parts. He gave us a few numbers we could use to get round the answering machines. But these directed us to Glowworm whom own Heatline but they said they have nothing to do with heatline boilers. This plumber also said that u don't need the LPG conversion kit that you can buy from Heatline for £126, but that all you needs is the minimum and max values to set the valve to to change the boiler setup from mains gas to LPG, and that is it.
Our own plumber confirmed this and also said it is ridiculous to pay £126 for a conversion kit when the boiler is LPG ready but he needs a starting point. A starting value for him to set the pressure to or turn a dial/valve to but that Heatline is being very difficult in providing this information.
Can anyone help?

(I can provide the contact details of the Gas-Safe registered plumber that is working for us. If anyone has the information to help us out this nightmare, but can't share this with me as I'm not a plumber)

you may also need a reducer in the gas supply but until you buy the manufacturers kit you wont know. As you have said buy cheap and pay later for parts. If the engineer doent know the lpg settings then of course theres nothing he can do and the manual isnt much use. Are you sure the £126 doesnt include a heatline techie to set up the boiler as per the mfis saying you need them to do the job. Your best off paying for the parts required and getting your lad to follow thew intructions provided.

That is, of course, providing he has LPG as part of his gsr ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Monza 24k LPG installation issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock