Discuss halestead wickes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

is there still a tech help line for halestead boilers I think they are now part of ariston

Glen dimplex. At 80p per minute, and they only have the details that are in the manufacturers instructions.
Rip it out,
put anything in. Lol

Limited parts availability so I was told last time I was after a PCB, only stock left is whats on the shelves.

GD have no idea or interest in halstead, as above limited parts, if they have to come from abroad then lead times are a month, excellent in winter when customer stood over you,' how long' before fixed.

GD have no idea or interest in halstead, as above limited parts, if they have to come from abroad then lead times are a month, excellent in winter when customer stood over you,' how long' before fixed.
Ho well , looks like lots of Halstead boilers being replaced.

So have I, had 5 regular , now got 2 not even worth trying, it's just putting off the inevitable,

cheaper to buy a new halstead ace if you want a pcb for a broken one and take it out, then you have the other bits for as and when they break :)

been to it today its a heat only boiler wickes LW60Ci
replaced quick blow amp fuse and boiler runs the external pump . check manual and says check pin 1 on ign board for 1volt or 10 volt getting 0.8volt so manual says thermistor / pot/or aqua board . try a thermistor and still the same .only thing I noticed Is when I turn the temp knob fully off on the boiler the relay on it ticks like mad . suspect board -but wondering what other faults are about to show

I asked for a board and was quoted around 3-4 weeks, finished up replacing boiler. at around £150 for part it makes sense to replace and get anything upto a 10 year warranty.

Last edited:
just quoted £85 for board and in stock - upto customer if they want to take the chance of any other faults once board is on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to halestead wickes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock