Search the forum,

Discuss Grant boiler leak, seal oring or something else? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The on going saga of my Grant boiler problems continues!
Have replaced the Wilo CH pump and now the HW pump is rattling.
Before I had chance to change the HW pump the flow sensor cracked and leaked. Patched up and new one ready to change.
Before I got to the pump or the sensor its sprung another leak!
Its the shut off valve now, its got a fast drip from the flange as arrowed.
Before I strip it all down can someone tell me what to expect to replace in this valve? Do I need a seal/o ring or sealant?
I want to get down to the plumbers merchants for any bits I need before starting.
Cheers if you can help me out.

Paul.

Attachments

• 20210129_112225.jpg
    20210129_112225.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 10
You sure it’s not coming from the front nut ?

You can repair them tbh best to use either a fibre washer or some loctite 577

Yes but you will need to drain the boiler first

If the boiler is drained you won’t need to isolate anything else

Common fault on the grant combi having got rid of system pressure we take valve head out make everything clean few turns of loctite 55 behind flange end of problem.
Grant are aware of the problem if its still under warranty they will send you new pump valves you change them send them back with your invoice payment never more than 2 weeks.
Same thing with auto air vents that they have started fitting again on the combi and system boilers.

Thanks all, the fibre washer had disintegrated so amazingly I had to correct replacement, done and dry. Changed the Wilo pump and the flow sensor while it was dry. Just about to try the heating.
Wilo pumps have been the weak link for me, they seem to start rattling after 3 or four years same as in our previous Grant oil combi. The new one had £800 spent on it last year after the water pressure wss turned up to 6 bar and the heat exchanger went alobg with other bits.
Convenience comes at a price I find!
Just to round the day off Tesco just wrote my car off for a rear light, hole in the bumper about 20x5mm and a fist sized shallow dent in the rear panel.
Happy days at least I can have a shower now....hopefully!

Reply to Grant boiler leak, seal oring or something else? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't help as there is no loss of water pressure and it's beyond the pavement. The tarmac at both corners are often damp, the front corner looks like the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock