Discuss good price for a kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally just spend £99 on a few quality tools.

No I wouldn't bother myself.
I doubt id bother with the blow torch. Definitely not the immersion spanner, better with a boxed one.
Not used the basin wrench for a long time. Although might be handy.
Pipe slices are worth £25. Can't see the bag. Adjustable spanners are about £4-£6 at my local tool shop.
Id buy what you need seperately

What in that kit do you need? I bet you could jig the list around and get better quality stuff.

Box immersion spanner all the way, you struggle to get stilsons on that one!!
Blow lamp?? good for a bit of 15mm??
Always good to have some cheap screw drivers/ chisel's around!!
A tape is a tape is a tape!!
Adjustable's, I really like my Bacho's, Wide jaw 8" the 10"/ 8" and 6" wouldn't use the ones from the market stall, although good for stater!
Head light, available from every where!
Haven't seen my Shetack for a while!!
other than that!! OK!!

My advise for what its worth!!
Buy the best you can afford now, get used to using all the tools that we need, then buy as you can the tools you want! I've been doing it for over 10 years and still looking at new "toys" as the wife says!!

Bacho spinners are the mutts nuts, I would defiantly recommend them.

Bacho spinners are the mutts nuts, I would defiantly recommend them.

Think I've had my wide jaws for over 8 years, a bit of WD now and again like new!! managed to get the other set at a trade show at a show price, other wise don't think I would have got the whole set!!

They do cost some, very rarely on a special anywhere but I rate them as some of the best.

In the grand scheme of things there actually not the bad 8 years use for(can't remember but) £30+ pops into my heads, may have been £39.99. but I recon I chucked at least 2 pairs from the market before I man'd up and got some Barcho's!!
wouldn't go back now!

Good money for a load of tat.

Disagree about tape measures, there are good ones, and bad ones.

As for spanners, I recently bought a load of spanners in the right sizes and they're LOADS better than adjustables.

Full set of ratchet spanners from 8-19mm for boilers etc.
16mm spanner for rad tails, 24 and 32 for comp nuts.

This thing is the best £6 I've spent in a long time http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001VD5CA8

The Forge Steel pipe slices from screwfix are pretty cheap at £18 and very good. Had 2 sets now and they're IDENTICAL to the bahco slices which cost a fortune.

That six quid you spent tom, I spent three on same thing from toolstation. Very handy. Trouble is I keeo forgetting I have it...

The toolstation ones aren't as good though.
I've had both and the six quid one is better, longer and heavier - heavy is good, heavy is reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to good price for a kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What are peoples opinions on riser kits like this? If I used one would it be best to put some 4x1 under the legs to spread the weight so it's not...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm looking at the different pipes for UFH, the prices vary a lot and I'm not sure about the differences between the products. I'm doing...
Replies
Views
Oily smell from boiler recently before failed. Great plumber sorted though when opened external baffle at front of sealed flue the internal spring...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock