Search the forum,

Discuss glued waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I done a first fix few weeks ago where i know i glued all the fittings as before i left i poured water down them and gave the waste fittings a good heave ho and nothing come apart ,,,not a big waste run either so was not alot to check.
had a phone call to say waste has come apart gone back and an upright is total out the fitting but i defo remember gluing that part because remember giving the upright a wobble to see if any thing moved abnd recall it all being rigid , i dont remember any dirt being in fitting from memory nor as i said being loose but defo sure i glued it.
wondering if the glue or fitting could have been duff or if anyone has had something similar before ??or if anyone has had chippie clout a pipe and yet not break it but fitting popped out??
No i never used cleaner before anyone asks but done millions glued joints and never had issue ,

Are you sure it was solvent weld pipe you used not a push fit pipe, normally different slightly different in size but I have seen it done before now!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not supposed to put water into solvent pipework until next working day. Depending on what fittings and glue you've used, it should tell you how long to leave the glue to set before testing/first use on the label on the tin.

Most likely glue had not sufficient time to fully set properly.

The only way Ive found to separate solvent fittings is to use heat.

Blame the chippie.:ihih:

Are you sure it was solvent weld pipe you used not a push fit pipe, normally different slightly different in size but I have seen it done before now!
Anyone trying to glue pushfit pipe into a solvent weld fitting shouldn't be calling themselves a plumber.

You can tell if it's been glued as there will be residue on pipe/fitting. I've never known one to come apart once glued unless it's been really clouted but then it tends to smash.

100% certain solvent weld picked it up same time as fittings from plumb base , it was about 7 hours later poured water down it never ever had issue before and never had one come apart after being glued so totally perplexed by this .

mate, you've got to admit, if it came apart you never glued it
solvent weld can be pretty tight when you put it together unglued
so you might have mis-judged it.

Blame absolute everyone ...

The joiner hit it when doin the floor
The dog must of bit it off??? (Put teeth marks in pipe)

EVERYONE but you! :p

Blame the glue manufacturers......was a dodgy batch of glue.

Blame the kids for sniffing it and the manufacturers taking all the good stuff out!

It happens, it did to me once on a Saniflo (oops !) Took about a week before it blew apart. Had to eat a bit of humble pie, fixed it and bought the customer a nice bottle of wine, been back since for other jobs.

It is easy to do, especially at the end of a long day when you are on your back under a bath thinking about the cold one in the fridge at home.

All part of life's rich pageant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

turned out it had been glued could feel it in fitting and on pipe ,,,,baffled how it come off tho maybe dirt .

I have never had a glued fitting come apart, they are normally impossible to pull apart after about 2 minutes of putting the glue on the pipe.

I have never had a glued fitting come apart, they are normally impossible to pull apart after about 2 minutes of putting the glue on the pipe.

Agreed.

Which brand glue did you use?

only time ive seen this is when the fitting was not glued correctly. either down to grease or glue not applied correctly. Solvent overflow pipe does come apart alot easier, especially when other trades decide to boot the crud out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glued waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am fitting a new bathroom, and changing the layout. I've fitted one bathroom before, but I did have issues with smells occasionally, that makes me think I might be fitting the waste system wrong. Does anyone with experience know, does the below look okay? I've read on some places...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I have a Duravit vanity unit and was recommended to buy the Duravit space saving waste: 005076 But im unsure how this connects to the waste pipe in the wall. The plumber has fitted a standard waste, but he had to cut a hole at the back of the vanity. There is another to install...
Replies
Views
G
Hi Folks, I want to connect a bath waste outlet to a hose, but I'm struggling to configure it. It's for a temporary rainwater collection system that's being installed on a remote farm. I need to get from the plughole to a connector that will fit a hose. But I keep drawing a blank, but I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to the door that I think wasn't helping due to dpc but that was removed to take a closer look and it revealed 2 waste water pipes going into the patio...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock