Discuss Glow worm 24cxi help needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saltyfingers

Hi

I have a Glow worm 24 cxi boiler and I think there may be an issue with it.

Ever since we moved in to our new house, about 10 months ago, the boiler would fire up for short bursts then switch off. I first thought that this was the anti-frost measure, but why would it do it in the summer?

Secondly, during this spell of cold weather the boiler has been fine as before, but yesterday it started firing up as it usually did for short bursts, but now stays on. The radiators get warm but not hot as if the full heating was on. I switched the timer switch to "off", but still stayed on. Then I switched the room thermostat to "0", but made no difference. Then both together and still stayed on.

Is this still the anti-frost measure or is something else going on?

Many thanks

James

Oh and by the way, when it comes to central heating systems I can do the following:

1. Tell you what a radiator is
2. Tell you what causes the radiators to get hot

Salty

sounds like the pre heat for hot water heating the water in the boiler but there is an issue with a part inside that is causing the pre heat water to be pumped around the radiator system and the boiler is warming the radiators thinking its the water in the boiler. you will need a gas engineer as the cover has to come off to fix the part

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

As soon as I posted this the system turned off after being on for about an hour. Does this sound familiar with the potential problem you mentioned or is it just that cold air was entering the flu causing the boiler?

Could it be that the system is warming the internal storage tank for such a long time that the radiators would get warm as a result?

Cheers

James

edit:

As soon as I posted this the system turned off after being on for about an hour. Does this sound familiar with the potential problem you mentioned or is it just that cold air was entering the flu causing the boiler to fire.

possibly or could just be the boiler inbuilt frost protection if the temp gets low enough at the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm 24cxi help needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock