Discuss German Pre Packed Houses. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Anybody an experience of these beasts. Went to see a prospective customer yesterday who's having one of these built later in the year. They want underfloor heating and rads running off an air to water heat pump.

Just want to know if anybody has had any issues with running pipework etc in the houses once complete.

The concrete raft is laid and then the house turns up on the back of an artic and gets assembled over 4 or 5 days.

Cheers.

We worked on one of these when I was an apprentice. They are just a whole house built of stud work.
I seem to remember we fitted underfloor heating on insulation straight on the concrete base for the ground floor and rads on the first.
Can't remember having any problems.

I did a small "outhouse" as the very rich man called it ! I would call it a mansion ! Gotta say pretty impressive ! He wanted rad in there as it was his man cave !

They are huff haus :) simong if you need someone to come and help you, I would do it free of charge :)

Cheers Steve, appreciate the offer, early days though. Just trying to find if there's issues with pipe runs etc.

It's 'Huff Haus' but not. It's along those lines but a different manufacturer.

I've got paperwork all over the desk just doing my heat loss calcs, from the data the manufacturer has provided it's looking very efficient on the insulation front. U values of 0.16 for walls, 0.7 for triple glazed windows (and there's a lot of glass) and 0.14 for the roof. Full ground floor underfloor heating and partial upstairs with either rads or thermaskirt and a few towel rails thrown in. Master bathroom, little en-suite and cloak room downstairs. Looks very much like a swiss chalet, vaulted ceilings and all.

Looking at the poly plumb underfloor. Conventional downstairs and overlay upstairs.

We've just done a couple , Huf and a Hans house in Esher. Very impressed but not much work to be done.

Cheers Steve, appreciate the offer, early days though. Just trying to find if there's issues with pipe runs etc.

It's 'Huff Haus' but not. It's along those lines but a different manufacturer.

I've got paperwork all over the desk just doing my heat loss calcs, from the data the manufacturer has provided it's looking very efficient on the insulation front. U values of 0.16 for walls, 0.7 for triple glazed windows (and there's a lot of glass) and 0.14 for the roof. Full ground floor underfloor heating and partial upstairs with either rads or thermaskirt and a few towel rails thrown in. Master bathroom, little en-suite and cloak room downstairs. Looks very much like a swiss chalet, vaulted ceilings and all.

Looking at the poly plumb underfloor. Conventional downstairs and overlay upstairs.
Just let me know, would like the exp. of working on them. Got caravan so somewhere to sleep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to German Pre Packed Houses. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Finding this site really usefull but would like to hear peoples experience with the installation and merits of retrofit underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi what's the best advice in dealing with a leak in a customers house? 1. Stripped out bathroom suite, installed 1st fix shower pipes in stud...
Replies
Views
Back